Saturday, July 24, 2010

Caterpillar Craziness

Chunk and Squirts new house ( Chunk is named in honor of the Goonies) :-)

Osmeterium out-"peeew"
I never realized how fast caterpillars grew! I had 8 babies living on one parsley plant so I had to relocate 2 of them to the other parsley plant. I bought a reptile carrier today and am going to attempt to see two of these babies all the way from eggs to butterfly. DH thinks I am weird but I have never seen this beautiful mutation happen. I bought organic parsley form the store and stuck it into the dirt so it looks like it's growing.

1 comment:

  1. A friend just had a black swallow tail emerge from his parsley so I think it's a great host plant. The one pictured looks a lot like a monarch, but it too could be a black swallow tail.

    I want to hatch some too, so FYI DW thinks I'm crazy :)

    -Roy

    ReplyDelete